Prescription requests for patient under 16 only, if you are over the age of 16 these requests MUST be made via patient access. Anything requested through here for over 16’s WILL NOT be accepted.
Please click on the icon below to order your prescriptions online (prior registration required)
If you have a condition which requires regular treatment, you will be eligible to request repeat prescriptions. If the doctor has given you a repeat prescription form, please hand it in, fax it, or post it including a stamped, self addressed envelope. You may now also order prescriptions online.
We do not accept telephone requests
Some of the chemists in Redditch will pick up prescriptions from the surgery and, if necessary, deliver the medicine to you home. Please contact your pharmacist for further information. Prescriptions handed in will be ready in two full working days after 3.00pm. Please order a repeat prescription several days before you run out. It would be helpful to us if you could order all your regular items at the same time, providing you are still taking them all.
If you find that different items run out at different times of the month please see one of the doctors who can then adjust your prescription so all the drugs run out at the same time. If you are no longer taking a particular drug please let us know so that we can remove it from your list of repeat items. All patients having repeat prescriptions will be asked to see the doctor from time to time for a review. If you just want to drop off your prescription,take advantage of our new prescription box in the foyer.
You can help us by:
- Arriving on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you cannot make your appointment or if it is no longer needed.
- Booking one appointment for each patient needing to be seen.
- Letting us know if you change your address or telephone number.
- Asking for a home visit only if you are too ill to come to surgery and, if possible, before 11.00am.
- Asking for a night visit only if the matter is of genuine urgency and cannot possibly be left until the morning.
- Making requests for repeat prescriptions before you run out, allowing two full working days for your prescription to be prepared and ready for collection.
- Telling our Practice staff if you are unhappy about something so that the matter can be dealt with properly. Please also tell them if you are especially pleased with the service you have received.
Treating all our staff with courtesy. Physical violence and verbal abuse is a growing concern in the NHS. Violent and abusive patients will be reported to the police and removed from the practice list.
All the doctors at the practice are experienced General Practitioners with wide medical knowledge. As is common to many large surgeries, many of the doctors have special medical interests. If you have a particular problem which you feel might be dealt with by a doctor with specific skills, please enquire at reception.
As well as our team of clinicians, we have a large team of other staff at The Dow Surgery.
Our Practice Management Team consists of Kim Simpson (Practice Manager) and Julie Baker (Assistant Practice Manager) they have overall responsibility for the surgery team. The team includes IT, summarising & coding, data analysis, and admin (including processing referral letters, eReferrals, scanning and dealing with external requests for information).
We have a team of Receptionists who have an important role dealing with our patients every day. The team deal with telephone enquiries and with people at the front desk. The queries are very varied, and aren’t just about booking appointments. In addition to this, the team also process repeat prescriptions; on average 300-400 a day.
As well as the more front facing reception role, we also have a large team working behind the scenes completing many other tasks that are required within a busy GP Practice.
What is Patient Access?
With Patient Access, depending on the services enabled at your GP Surgery, you can:
- Book new appointments without having to phone.
- Order repeat prescriptions so they are ready to pick up.
- Change your address details in seconds.